Ministry of Education’s Department of Higher Education India issued a notice addressing the Registrar of Assam University Silchar. Under Secretary to the Government of India with Telefax no: 23387342, states that the President of India in his capacity as the Visitor of the Assam University Silchar has been pleased to appoint professor Dr. Rajive Mohan Pant, North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology, (NERIST), Nirjuli, Arunachal Pradesh as the New Vice-Chancellor of the Assam University for a period of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the of seventy years, whichever is earlier.
Professor Rajive Mohan Pant is an PhD in Industrial Relations from Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar Bihar University. popularly known as Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Bihar University – a public university located in the north prime of Bihar state in
the city of Muzaffarpur in India.
He did his MA in Economics from Kumaun University – a state university headquartered in Nainital, Uttarakhand, India
He had Completed his MBA in HRM & PGDRM in Rural development From IGNOU on 2001 & 2020 respectively
Professor Pant also studied at the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.
As a professor at NERIST, he was responsible for teaching Organizational Development and Change Management, Rural Development, Marketing of Rural products and services, Policy on Indian Himalayan Region.
Professor Pant has been associated with professional teaching since 1986 and has taught courses on HRM, Marketing Management and Economics, etc. Besides teaching, he is actively associated with Research activities and has completed many sponsored pieces of research funded by agencies like McArthur Foundation, USA, Ministry of HRD (India), Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR), and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). He has visited many Universities to deliver invited lectures in the country and abroad. He also offers consultancy on ‘Behavioral aspects’ to various organizations.
|2021||till date||Vice-Chancellor||Assam University, Silchar|
|2014||2021||Director (deputation)||NIRDPR-NERC, Guwahati|
|1991||1993||Lecturer||Birla Institute of Science & Technology, Bhimtal|
He has been Associated with these professional bodies:
- Life member of All India Commerce Association
- Life member of Peoples Association of Himalayan Area Research (PAHAR)
- Life member of Indian Society of Labour Economics
- Life member of Forum of Free Enterprises.
- Life member of N.E.India Council for Social Science Research.
- Life member and Vice Chairman (2006-08) of Social Science Research Institute of Arunachal Pradesh
- Life member of ISTE
- All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Founder Member-Swedish South Asian Network on Fermented Foods (SASNET).
- Senior Member International Association of Computer Science & Information Technology(IACSIT), Singapore