New update on COVID-19 cases in India
COVID-19 UPDATE ON INDIA
(1) On Saturday, India gave a total of 12.25 crore doses of Covid-19 vaccine till 8 pm, out of which 1.61 crore is the second dose.
(2) Ministry of Health said that India is reporting the fastest increase in new cases at the rate of 7.6%
(3) Which is 1.3 times higher than the 5.5% growth rate as of June 2020.
COVID-19 UPDATE ON ASSAM
(1) The state’s Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma said that all air and rail passengers going to Assam will have to undergo the test of Covid-19 which is mainly associated with travel history when arriving for the state.
(2) Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma told in a press conference that Covid-19 negative certificates from other states would not be accepted, and those entering Assam would have to undergo both rapid antigen and RT-PCR tests.
(3) The test results will be available within 24 hours but by then passengers should remain isolated.
(4) The minister said, “The current cases in Assam are related to travel and there is no mandatory Covid-19 here. There is no plan for any kind of lockout in the state.”
COVID-19 UPDATE ON BARAK VALLEY
(1) The education department in Cachar has decided to close both primary (government and non-government) from primary to class V due to the steady increase in active Covid-19 cases in Cachar.
(2) The Deputy Commissioner is satisfied that the number of active Covid-19 cases has crossed the 100 mark and will be reviewed from time to time by the District Administration.
(3) According to the issued SOP, the school will normally work in districts where the total Covid-19 cases are below 100.
(4) This order will come into force from the date of issue of this notification and will remain in force till 08.05.2021 or till further orders.
(5) According to this order, primary schools up to class V will be closed in Kamrup Metro, Kamrup Rural, Dibrugarh, Jorhat, Nagaon, Tinsukia, Sonitpur and Cachar.
(6) A press conference was held at Guwahati Medical College and Hospital on Saturday. At the press conference, Assam’s Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr Himanta Biswa Sarma said that the number of such districts with 100 active Covid-19 cases could increase.
(7) Today, 73-year-old Satyendra Mohan, resident Prematla passed away due to Comorbidities after testing positive for Covid-19 at Silchar Medical College and Hospital.
(8) Another 70-year-old man is Hemendra Kumar Chandra who breathes his last at 4:15 pm today. He was suffering from Covid-19 and acute kidney injury. His report has been forwarded to the death audit board declaration is awaited.
(9) According to District Health Department 15 people have tested Covid-19 Positive.
(10) The number of active Covid-19 cases is 173.
(11) Silchar Medical college and Hospital Management reported that 20 patients are admitted in Covid- ward and 2 of them are in ventilation.
(12) Today 3 patients were discharged from the observatory.
(13) On Sunday 1034 samples were tested in Karimganj, out of which 9 samples were founded Corona positive.
(14) Now the total number of active Covid-19 cases in Karimganj is 89.